Hayward Community Food Shelf
HCFS is a non-discriminatory organization dedicated to reducing hunger in Sawyer County.
Established by a small group of concerned citizens in 1985, the Hayward Community Food Shelf's mission is ''to provide food for those in need in an efficient, compassionate, and non-judgmental manner.'' Since its creation, the need in our area has continued to increase. We now provide food assistance to over 600 people in Sawyer County each month.
HCFS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, tax exempt organization. Our operation is funded solely by donations from individuals, businesses, and organizations. No government funds are received. No volunteers receive any financial compensation for their efforts or contributions. All food and monetary donations are used to provide food to those in need in Sawyer County, Wisconsin.
Any person living in Sawyer County is eligible to receive assistance from the Hayward Community Food Shelf (also known as HCFS and the Shelf). The only requirement is that a Social Security number be provided for each individual seeking assistance.
- Emergency food assistance is also available by calling our emergency number - 715-634-4237
- We accept non-perishable food donations
- You can now make a financial donation to the Shelf
- Volunteers are needed for a variety of special projects
- Many local churches, organizations, and businesses have periodic collections for the Shelf.
16216W US Hwy 63S Hayward, WI, 54843 Hwy 63 to Greenwood Lane just across from the Hayward High School