The chapter has sponsored State outings, etc. and has proven to be the most gracious host at these events.
In 1982, the Hayward Lakes Chapter started purchasing muskie fingerlings for stocking in Sawyer County, WI lakes. From 1982 through 1991 the chapter has stocked a total of 13,834 muskie fingerlings at a cost of $80,608.00. They have also contributed generously to other chapters who are raising fingerlings.
In addition, Hayward Lakes Chapter has contributed $18,540 to such things as DNR research, youth programs, scholarships, the Symposium and other public service projects.
The fund raiser that has made all of the above possible, is a Fall Muskie Tournament sponsored by the chapter in the Hayward Lakes area. It is probably the most popular muskie tournament in the state of Wisconsin, having grown from 313 contestants in 1979 to 685 contestants in 1991. This growth is evidence that they are doing it right! The tournament is release oriented, with very few fish being killed over the years.
The Hayward Lakes Chapter is made up of many fine anglers. In 1986 their members caught 42 muskies over 40 inches in length - in ?89 there were 75 over 40 inches and in ?91 this figure rose to 93.
- Hayward Lakes Chapter was born on March 29, 1978.
- Ken Toebe became the Regional Vice President; Pat Dettloff was the Vice President and Larry Dumman, the Secretary-Treasu
- Executive Board members were: Clayton Slack, Earl Knudson, Fred Nelson, Carol and Harold Bauer and Helly and Marion Hein
- Mike Brandt has emerged as a leader, having served on many of the International Board?s committees.
- A one-of-a-kind, spectacular display of muskie mounts at our International Symposium on Muskellunge in La Crosse, WI in
Whom to Contact
- Mike PerssonPhone: (715) 634-4543