Lions Clubs are recognized for their service to the blind, visually impaired, and hearing impaired. The Hayward Lions Club is no exception. We provide eye exams and glasses for people less fortunate. We are a major sponsor for the Quest Program and D.A.R.E. (Drug Awareness Programs for Adolescents) Programs in our schools.
Some more of our Community Service Projects are:
Memorial Blood Center Blood Drive
Peace Poster Contest
Our club supports local projects such as the Hayward Food Shelf, the Anti-Drug Quest program, Habitat for Humanity, Little League and the Boy Scouts, as well as helping individuals who are in extreme need of assistance. We also support international projects such as the Journey for Sight and Leader Dog Program.
Not only do the proceeds go to these projects, but they have also been used to help the Club build a multi-use log cabin/warming house at the Birkie trailhead at Fish Hatchery Road, the new Hayward Library and the Eric Lowery Memorial Skate Park.
The Club not only raises funds for community projects, many countless hours of volunteer hours are a major part of the effort.
- Lions Club International is the largest service organization in the world with 1.3 million members in 185 countries.
- Lions Clubs are recognized for their service to the blind, visually impaired, and hearing impaired.
- A major sponsor for the Quest Program and D.A.R.E.
- Providing eye exams and glasses for people less fortunate
- contact Lynell Swenson at (715) 558-1906.
Whom to Contact
- Liz Korpel